Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fathers and Sons


This weekend was our ward Fathers and Sons outing. Dylan, Dakota, my dad and I all went. It was at Willow Creek in the Mount Charleston area. As we were doing 20 mph on the freeway at 4:00 trying to get out of town, the thermonitor read 113 degrees. So the first nice thing about this outing being in the mountains is it was 80 degrees when we got to the camp site. By the time we went to bed it was down around 60. MUCH nicer than the temp in Vegas. We had a really good time. Dad and I played horseshoes and the boys were climbing the nearest hill. We made some dutch oven chicken and potatos that were awesome. Later that night, we got together with all the other fathers and had rootbeer floats and a small presentation of the Restoration of the Arronic Priesthood. It was a nice night. Dakota was beat so right after, he and grandpa went to bed and I followed a few minutes later. I am not really sure what time Dylan made it to bed, but everyone was up by 6:00 the next morning. The Elders Quarum made breakfast burrito's for everyone and then we came home. I am really glad my Dad could go with us this year.





No comments: