Monday, August 31, 2009

Families Are Forever

Saturday I had the oppurtunity to attend a family sealing in the temple. It was the first one that I've ever been to and it was incredible to say the least. The spirit that I felt was amazing. To see this family link their hands together and receive this holy ordinance just overwhelmed me with emotion. They are a beautiful, wonderful family and I'm just so very happy for them. And I have been weepy off and on ever since. It was re-confirmation to me that as families we can be linked for eternity. Yes, we can be sealed to our spouses for eternity, however, it has reminded me that the parent/child linking is just as important and special. I know from the center of my core that I not only want to be with my husband for all eternity, I want my children, whom I love with every breath and heartbeat, to be linked to me for all eternity as well. Steve and I were sealed 3 years ago and now my goal is to be sealed to my children. My family means the world to me and I'm so greatful that Heavenly Father has given us a plan so that we can be together forever. :)

No comments: