Friday, October 2, 2009

October



Some of the reasons why I love October:

Cooler weather
Having the windows open
Halloween
Dusk comes earlier
Smell of pumpkin and spice
Autumn colors (even though their inside my house)
The beginning of the holiday season
Hot chocolate is not too far away
There's an excitement in the air because the season is changing
Homemade soup

I love these things. The other day Steve even said that he is wanting to make pumpkin bread (yummy). I just love this time of year. The atmosphere just feels different when you walk outside. Halloween is upon us and crisp air is just around the corner. I had the windows open 2 days ago with a wonderful breeze blowing through the house and Dakota came home from school and said "Mom, I love the smell of October". I replied, "I know exactly what you mean". :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your background is so cute! I LOVE fall too. I love sweaters, soup, chilly mornings and all the colors. I agree, nothing beats the smell of Fall :)