Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to Blogging, Hopefully

Here's why I haven't posted in two months. I haven't been able to type because my hands and fingers have been numb, and I'm still struggling alittle.:)

A little over two months ago I woke up and my stomach and legs were numb. Within two days I was completely numb from my chest down front and back including my feet and hands. There were days where I thought I was going to lose my mind. It's very hard to walk when your feet are asleep. Since then, I have had blood work, a nerve conduction test, a neck scan, a spinal tap and a brain scan. The diagnosis? It looks like MS (multiple sclerosis). Both my neck scan and spinal tap show MS, however, since my brain scan was normal (yay, no tumor) we have to wait to see if I have another attack or a brain scan shows something in 6 months.

Today my numbness is gone except for my hands and my left arm. Although, my right hand does feel like it's almost back to normal. :)

So this is some of what has been happening with our family.

Basketball season is over (Dakota)
Swim season has started (Dylan)
Planning for college (Devynne)
Mountain West Conference Tournament (Steve)
Almost 6 months old (Benny)
Golf has begun (Steve)
Sunday School teacher for 16/17 year olds (me, love it)
School
Seminary
Church
Scouts
Work and so on........

Here are a few pics from Steve's Utah visit last month. Dakota went too and Cody seems to be MIA and I don't remember why. :)





2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, Toni! I'm so sorry to hear all the struggles. We should chat sometime (if you're interested about herbs and some other things that may help). I'll be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you would blog again. I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I have a lot of friends and family with MS. I hope nothing but the best for you and am sending the Garner love your way!