Saturday, November 6, 2010

October 22nd Came and Went


Just like the last 14 years. Dakota turned 14 on this day and I have no idea where the time went. He's my baby and I can't believe he is cruising through teen years now. I can remember just holding him as a baby and thinking "I better enjoy this and remember it cuz he's the last one" I'm so glad I did that. I remember how he used to wave his little hands in circles and scrunch his nose when he wanted you to pick him up. So cute I tell you!! Just look at this picture, I just want to bite a chunk out of him.

He got a cell phone for his birthday and couldn't have been happier. Evidentally, "everyone has a cell phone" and now he does too. We celebrated his birthday by having family over for brats and potatoe salad (dakota's favorite) and a burnt frosting cake. Yum!

I'm so grateful for this kid. He is kind, loving, funny, spazzy, energetic, smart, handsome, full of knowledge which he is always willing to share (whether you like it or not), sticks to his guns (whether you like it or not), athletic, and did I say funny? He makes us laugh all the time even when he's not trying to be funny. I love him, this little child of mine, which he's not so little anymore (6'1" at 14 sheesh). I'm so grateful for him and the love and joy (and the occasional craziness) he has brought to our family.

We love you Dakota and Happy 14th Birthday! :)

No comments: