Sunday, November 9, 2008

Steve's Job...Here we go again

Well, I guess that 2007 was just not enough fun with the merging in of my former company Land Title with Commonwealth Title (who by the way in June of 2008 merged in locally with Lawyers title and we have been operating under the name LandAmerica). LandAmerica is the 3rd largest title insurance company in the nation. However, they are probably #1 is speed in which they have run themselves into the ground!!! We were on the verge on bancruptcy this week when the 2nd largest title insurance company offered to buy us at the bargain low price of 128 million.

The result for Steve....back to the waiting game to find out if I will even have a position at the new company, Fidelity National. I won't know anything until at least April of next year. I have hopes of being able to stay on at the new company, but they are consolidating efforts to some degree and management is always combined.

Keep me in your prayers!!!

2 comments:

Brad and Leslie said...

We will - morning, noon and night brother!

Steph said...

Hi there. I got your link from Leslie Johnson. I would love to have Steve do some pictures for my family around the Thanksgiving weekend if he will be in town. Shoot me an email...
steffjane@hotmail.com
Thanks.