Friday, November 21, 2008

We Have Good Neighbors Too

A week or so ago, I read a blog about good neighbors and it got me thinking about our neighbors. So I would like to take the oppurtunity to gush about our neighbors. We have not only good neighbors, we have GREAT neighbors throughout our entire neighborhood. I love that I can drive around any corner throughout our neighborhood and wave at many different people who are outside that I love and appreciate. I know that I can call any one of them for help to move a piece of furniture, to keep an eye on one of my children, to lend me a cup of sugar or an egg or two, ask for a recipe, ask for help in fixing my garage door when Steve isn't home and many, many other things. (By the way I have done all of these) I love knowing that my children can go over to any of their homes and will feel warm and fuzzy and will be watched over and cared for. I can call any one of them and stop by for a visit and have a good laugh or a good cry. (I have done that too) I think its so much fun to go to Target, Smith's or even a craft sale and see people that I love and I get excited about seeing them out and about. I just wanted say how much I appreciate and love my neighbors, no wait, "my friends".

Seeing as how this is a season for thanksgiving it seems very fitting to remember the people we are grateful for. My family and my friends are very cherished by me and I hope you all know that. I'm so glad to have the parents that I have, I would never trade them for anybody. I love them dearly. I am grateful for my siblings and their families. I'm grateful for Steve's parents, they are a wonderful example to me and I love them also. My friends and my sister are what keep me sane on those "crazy Mom" days. I love my husband and my kids with all my heart. And now that I can no longer see the screen through my tears, I'll close for now. I didn't realize I'd go on for so long. :)

3 comments:

Gary and Michelle said...

Hear, Hear! I totally agree with you. We live in a great neighborhood. It would be hard to ever leave this place.

Brad and Leslie said...

I LOVE YOU TONI! :) I have to agree with everything you said! I love being in my front yard and waving to every other car that drives by because I know them, either from school or church. I'm glad your kids like to come to my house, either to babysit or work out. I think it's funny that they know my garage code - not even my family knows it! That should tell you something....

Brad and Leslie said...

OK - a comment from Brad....

I remember when we sold our last house and decided to move up the street and around the corner...in the same neighborhood. People wondered why we would do something like that. As we started preparing our home to move in my brothers would come over and help us every night, whether we were here or not. One of my brothers said "No wonder you stayed in this neighborhood. You can't get anything done because different people would stop by every 10-15 minutes to see how things were going or if they could help in any way." They often talk about how impressed they are with our neighbors and ward family and said they don't see that anywhere else.

They're not the only ones to tell us that we're lucky to have what we have here. One reason I enjoy mowing my front lawn & doing yard work is it gives me a chance to catch up with everyone in the ward. Thanks for stopping by!