Saturday, November 29, 2008

17 Years and 9 Months in the Making

Yesterday was Devynne's 17th birthday. I can't believe she's that old. It wasn't that long ago that she was learning to talk and walk. Now she is this beautiful young woman with so much ahead of her. Yesterday, we girls (Devynne, Cadie, Jenn and myself) went to the movies and saw Twilight for the 2nd time. We loved the movie even more the 2nd time. Today, we had a family party with her choice of lunch (egg rolls and pot stickers) and her favorite cake (yellow cake with butter caramel frosting). She also had many birthday wishes from friends and family throughout the day yesterday. She is my first child and the first grandchild on my side of the family and we love her so much. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father sent her to me and I hope that she will be blessed with much happiness in her future.

2 comments:

Jill said...

So pretty. I remember feeling so grown up at seventeen. It must be a little bittersweet, especially with your first. Good for you, Momma.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Devynne! You look beautiful!!!!