Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my dad's birthday. He is 67 years old and I think he looks great. He's retired from not one but two careers and he keeps fit by exercising everyday and he bowls all the time. Here are some of my favorite memories of him and just a few of the reasons why I love him:

He carrying me down the stairs at the apartments that we lived in when we lived in Hawaii, I was 3 or 4.
When I was in kindergarten he blew the biggest bubble gum bubble I had ever seen (even to this day) and I thought he was amazing.
When I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade it was icy outside and he was running and sliding while holding me and my sister by the hand across the parking lot at Grand Central.
When we were teenagers we would go to his house and eat french fries and ice cream with frozen strawberries (I loved that).
When I got married at 18 he supported me (after the initial shock)and walked me down the aisle even though he thought I was too young.
He came to Las Vegas after each of my babies were born even though he doesn't really like to travel.
And all my life he has always hugged and kissed me and told me that he loves me.

The first picture is the two of us taken April 1967 (doesn't he look cool) and the next one was taken last August (still looking good). I love my dad and I hope he has a wonderful birthday. :)


3 comments:

Jill said...

I definitely see some Dylan in that first picture. They are both cuties. I love those memories. It was fun to read.

Emily said...

What a great Dad! You are a sweet daughter too. Sounds like you have a great relationship. You are right, he does look cool in that picture :)

Gary and Michelle said...

There is something special about dads. Hope he had a great birthday.