Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Great Day for a Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and it was wonderful. Steve took the day off from work and helped me decorate the house for Christmas. He also took me out to lunch and we had fantastic conversation. All three of my children remembered my birthday and said "Happy Birthday" before I realized it was my birthday. My sister called, my dad called, my mom called, my step mother called, my best friend called (and her family, they sang to me over the phone), my visiting teacher called, and my sister in law sent me a text, as did Dylan's friend Corin. We had a great family home evening (which isn't always the case) and Steve made a delicious dinner of homemade turkey noodle soup (and yes, the noodles were made from scratch) and homemade rolls. And guess what, he is still taking me out to dinner Friday night with our closest friends for my birthday. Life is good :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Toni. I think it's the first time I didn't get to say it to you in person for what....six years. I'm glad your day was wonderful. You deserve it! I still remember one of the last times you visited me and you were sitting on my couch....glowing. You looked more beautiful than the first time I met you. I guess you are getting better looking with age!!! What's the secret???