Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here Today Gone Tomorrow

Time sure does fly by. It seems like we were just getting ready for Christmas and then it's over. We had a great Christmas as always. We had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve with Steve's parents and his sister Jenn and our great, great friends, Bryce and Keri (we joked and said they were my side of the family). We had a Honey Baked Ham, twice baked spuds (yum) and Steve made homemade creamed corn (double yum). Keri brought her incredible homemade rolls and Jenn brought chex mix and muddie buddies. We had a wonderful time playing games and being together. Christmas morning lasted all of 15 minutes. Devynne and Dylan both got new cell phones and Dakota got an XBOX 360 plus other little gifts for all three, Santa was good to them. The kids left around noon to spend the rest of Christmas and the following weekend with their dad. They stayed in a cabin in Cedar City and had a great time. Lots of snow fun for them. Steve and I went for a triple feature (yes, I said triple) at the movies with Steve's parents and Jenn. It was so much fun. We've never done two movies in one day, let alone three. We saw Benjamin Button, Marley and Me and Valkyrie (spelling? not sure), Marley and Me was my favorite however lots of tissue was needed. Steve and I enjoyed our weekend and many times we said "so this is what it's like to not have kids" or "this will be us in a few years". I must admit that I did miss the activity of kids coming and going, though. Anyhoo, I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you a very happy new year. :)



Wake up!! Time for Christmas!!!



Santa left stockings.


The kids with their dad


Happy New Year!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Devynne looks so pretty!!!Happy New Years Toni!!!!! I got P.S. I Love You to watch tonight. I remember you told me Keri loved it.

Gary and Michelle said...

It looks like everyone was very happy. Glad you had a great Christmas. I'll see you Sat. at the pajama party!

Jill said...

Your kids are so beautiful! I love New Years. Best Wishes for you guys in 2009.

Brad and Leslie said...

I cant believe how old our kids look Toni! They grow up way too fast. Sounds like you guys had fun!

Keri Miller said...

I know dont't fall over! Here I am publishing a post. Loved your picutres. The kids in the morning how cute. Your my inspiration Toni, i'M NOT QUITE GIDDY. ....yet!