Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Token Family Picture

It's been two weeks since we took family pictures and I'm just now feeling like I can blog about it. It's typical to want a nice family picture to send with Christmas cards so people can see how lovely your family is, right? Do you think that would be an easy feat? Not for our family. Let's just say Mom (me) was so over it really, really quick. I wanted to do a couple of really cute and maybe even silly poses and I was shot down every time. Steve: "No, that won't work, the lighting isn't right" or "No, that won't work because I don't like the back ground" or "No, that won't work because lack of background" The kids: "No, that's dumb" or "No, we'll look rediculous" (did I spell that right?) or the ever whining "Mommmmm, Noooooo" After a few takes, Mom: "That's it, I'm done!" So anyhoo, here is a the first snap, and yes I'm on the phone, and the best snap with a couple in between. Crazy I say. :)

5 comments:

Emily said...

I am so bad at family pictures - we haven't even had one in a year or two. I totally get it. But hey, you pulled it off and it looks great!

mandmpotter said...

Hey Toni, I love the that was then this is now look. At least you take pictures. It is torture for us. You all look great!

Gary and Michelle said...

Hey, at least now you'll always remember it because of the craziness. If it had gone smoothly it wouldn't be as much fun!

Keri Miller said...

Toni, you are right! You look goooooood! Love ya girlie!!

Brad and Leslie said...

I like the 3rd one! Ha! Dillon's face, Devynne's sexy pose, and Dakota just looks bored! I can't tell if you are giving a thumbs up or it you're just irritated...either way, it's funny and it's my favorite!