Monday, March 23, 2009

A Very Quiet Weekend

This weekend was a very quiet weekend for me. Steve was in Utah visiting the kids and after Devynne worked all day Saturday and Dylan's swim meet Saturday morning (Dakota and I went), they all spent the night with their dad. So I was home alone enjoying every second of it. I watched hours of the Twilight extras and the movie itself. I ate chocolate cake for dinner and I had it for breakfast Sunday morning. I know, I totally blew the "healthy" diet I try to maintain. Oh well, it's ok to get a little crazy from time to time. I was good and went to church by myself even though I considered playing hooky. I'm in primary and decided that I needed to be there. That's one reason we have callings I think, to keep us doing the right thing. When Steve came home we had several hours of alone time before the kids came home so it was nice to spend time together and "catch up" with each others weekend. The kids came home and we ate dinner and watched a movie together (can you guess which one? You got it, Twilight!) and then called it a weekend. :)

I found this video clip on another blog I read and wanted to share it on mine. I'm very grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I know it to be the true church and I feel its blessings each and every day. (Pause my music so you can hear it)

5 comments:

Emily said...

I have yet to see Twilight although my YW are breaking me down. It's not really my kind of story but it's all my girls talk about! I'm glad you had a nice quiet time to yourself, that is always nice! :)

Keri Miller said...

The video was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

Leah said...

That sounds like a great weekend to me!!
I know what you're saying about church callings...kids do the same thing..keep us on the right track!

Gary and Michelle said...

Great video. Your weekend sounded wonderful (especially the chocolate cake part).

Anonymous said...

And if you would have skipped out, I would have known!