Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It Does Feel Thankless Sometimes

I got up at 5:45 am to take number 1 child to seminary. Went back to bed and got up at 6:45 to take number 3 child to school. Went to pilates which kicked my butt came home cleaned around the house, ran some errands while talking to number 1 child's math teacher and came home. Left the house 10 minutes later to pick up number 1 child from school at 1:05, came home, picked up number 2 child at 1:45, came home, picked up number 3 child at 2:15, came home, dropped number 2 child off for swim practice at 2:40 and came home. Lots of "How are you, How was your day, Tell me about it, Do your homework, and so on. Took a nap (yay) and then took number 1 child to work at 4:15, watched Oprah and then picked up number 2 child at 5:45. This child drove and for some reason likes to act like he's been driving for years when it's only been a little over a month. Made dinner, pancakes tonight because it's easy. Right....I decide to make wheat ones since the child that tends to be more "outspoken" was at work. I've been making pancakes for this side of 30 years and for some reason out of the whole batch I manage to get 4 that are edible. Number 3 child says "are these wheat?" and I say "yes" and he continues to eat them. Number 2 child comes down and says "what are these?" I say "pancakes" he says "Wheat?" I say "yes" he says "Forget it, I'm not eating!" I say "just try them" he says "No Way! I'll lose my appetite" I say "you know, I'm already upset that I have managed to ruin the whole batch, can you at least try them?" he says "No Way! They're gross!" I say "fine eat what you want". He turns around and goes upstairs and I shed a tear or two and feel guilty that I upset HIM. I'm now off to pick up number 1 child from work. Then instead of doing my budget like I was planning, I'm going to get comfy in my room and watch American Idol.

Just another day in the life of motherhood. Bright side, at least I didn't hit any of my children with the car today. (yes, I've done that) :(

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, Toni! I love you :)

Keri Miller said...

My, oh my, oh my! You listened to my ranting and raving and I didn't even listen to yours! You are wonderful, beautiful, generous, giving, loving, charitable, a good listener, anda careful driver, I could go on and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on!