Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Glad to be Me

Sometimes being a mom feels like a thankless job and I sometimes feel like I'm not important to my kids. Unless they need something or want something. However, there are times that they surprise me with an act or words that really make be feel like they really do appreciate me and that feels so amazing.

The other day Dylan was waiting in the car while I ran into a store and when I got back in the car Dylan said "I'm glad you are my mom". Just out of the blue, I hadn't even done anything. I got choked up and said "I'm glad you are my son".

Today Devynne sent me a text message that said "Hey mom I just wanted to tell you I love you and I don't tell you enough how grateful I am for you. You're the best mom ever" (Again, I hadn't even done anything) Teary eyed I replied with "I love you too and I'm very grateful for you."

I'm truly grateful for all three of my kids. They tell me everyday that they love me and I them. I feel so blessed that they chose me to be their mom and I hope they know how much they mean to me. :)

No comments: