Sunday, November 29, 2009

18! 18! 18! 18! 18! 18!


Devynne is now 18 years old. Her birthday was yesterday and I'm still blown away that I have an adult child. I remember the day she was born vividly. I went into labor the night before I was scheduled to be induced. She was born at 4:40am and I was scheduled for the induction at 6:00am. She was born 7 days past my due date and after 13 hours of labor (starting with mild contractions) she came into the world at 9 pounds, 2 ounces and 21 inches long. She had black hair and a very round face.

After a few weeks she was very round all over with round eyes and whenever her eyes were open she looked like the pillsbury dough boy. She was a round, chubby, pink skinned bundle of joy. Now she is a tall, thin, beautiful young woman.

She is smart, funny, messy, silly, goofy one minute, serious the next, full of life, quick to share, loyal to family, kind to strangers, romantic at heart and we love her tons.

She is my first born and I love that I was blessed with her the last 18 years. I'm so grateful that she chose me to be her mom. I have learned so much from her and she has helped me to grow as a mother and I absolutely cherish her. I can't wait to see what she does with the next few years because I know she can do anything she puts her mind to.

Happy 18th Birthday Devynne! :)

No comments: