Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Two Postings in One

(#1)
Last Wednesday Dakota's theater class put on a Halloween show. It was called "The Dracula Rock Show". Dakota, as you can tell, was Dracula and he was awesome. He did a really great job as did the other kids. We're very proud of him and he is very talented (if you ask me). :)






(#2)
Devynne, Dylan and I went to Salt Lake City with the priests and laurels (16, 17 and 18 year olds) from our ward last Thursday for a couple of days. On Thursday we went to Welfare Square, the Humanitarian Center, the Church Museum, the Visitor's Center at Temple Square and watched the movie "Legacy".

Friday we went to the Church Office Building, the Visitor Center at Temple Square, toured around Temple Square, toured Brigam Young's house, toured the Conference Center and we did baptisms at the Salt Lake City Temple. We ate dinner at the Lion House (house that was built for Brigam Young's wives and children) and then watched the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Hotel. Saturday, we headed home.

It was a fantastic couple of days and I teared up a couple of times at almost every place we went and there were times that I flat out cried. The kids were awesome and it was so much fun to hang with them and to experience such spiritual places together. This trip really strengthened my testimony and I learned so many new things. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith and his family and for all the pioneers who experienced such incredibly hard and terrible trials to bring us the truth of Jesus Christ and His gospel. I am truly grateful to have been given the oppurtunity to go on this trip and I'll never forget it. I am so grateful and happy to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Here are just few pictures of our trip.










1 comment:

Gary and Michelle said...

Great pictures! Gary had a great time too and was glad everyone was able to go.