Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An April Fool's Day Birthday

Today is Steve's birthday believe it or not. Yes, he's an April Fool's baby and he has endured many years of April Fool's/birthday harassment. It's a good thing he has a great sense of humor. One of the many things I love about him. Here's my list of lovable things about Steve.

He's smart, I used to always say to a supervisor (a man) I had several years ago, who did similar work that Steve did, that Steve was the smartest man I know and I'd smile really big.

He's witty. I love his quick wit and sense of humor.

He's a hard worker. In his profession and at home.

He serves in the church faithfully. He always accepts assignments and is a great example to me.

He knows who he is, where he's been and where he wants to go.

He brings home chocolate cake from Claim Jumper just because I said I'm in the mood for that cake.

He looks for food I can eat (I'm a vegetarian) on the menu before he looks for himself.

He rubs my back, feet and legs all the time, I don't even have to ask.

He always wants to hold my hand.

He has helped me raise my children for the past 9 years and as far as I'm concerned we couldn't have asked for a better example of a father and husband.

He's not perfect and I'm glad.

When he wants to change something about himself, he does it. When I do that I constantly regress.

He shared the gospel with me and my children. That's huge and our lives have been so blessed because of that.

He's honest, kind, loving, selfless, respectful, and the list goes on. If he is an April Fool's prank, I can keep being tricked every year for the rest of my life and I'll be happy. Happy Birthday Steve and I love you with all my being.

Check out those eyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve is pretty amazing....and so are you.