Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Be Still

I decided to lay down for a few minutes this afternoon on my couch. I had the windows open and because of how I was laying on the couch I could feel the breeze kiss my toes as it went through my house. I could hear the wind rustling the tree in the front yard. Suddenly it dawned on me that the only sound I could hear was the tree out front. No cars, no busses, no motorcycles, no airplanes, no TV and no people, just the wind. It was incredible, I couldn't believe it. It reminded me of camping when I was growing up in Wyoming with my family and we would take afternoon naps in the mountains. In this particular moment I felt like Heavenly Father was reminding me that He is always with us. In fact when I let myself lay very still and listen to the tree out front I could feel Him. It was lovely. :)

Here are a few pictures of our back yard after Steve and I worked on it this past weekend.


5 comments:

Emily said...

I love those moments. Your yard loooks great! good job :)

Gary and Michelle said...

It's always nice to get these reminders of how He is always there.

Your backyard looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The yard looks great. It makes me miss grass.

Keri Miller said...

How beautiful, perfect for a picture backdrop!!!!!

Jill said...

I love the yard. One thing I hate about the hot Vegas summers is that it is never "still" anymore because somewhere an AC unit is constantly humming.