Wednesday, April 8, 2009

He's the Birthday Boy!

Yesterday was Dylan's birthday. He is now 16. It's a crazy thing, he being 16 now. Where does the time go? It wasn't that long ago that he was the sweetest little baby. I worked full time when he was a baby and my "in home" care giver once told me that in her 25 years of caring for children he was the sweetest, best baby she ever had. He was the most mellow, laid back baby. He was always smiling and was always very content and happy. He rarely cried or fussed, it was awesome having a baby like that. Over the years he has continued to have a very mellow, laid back disposition. He has a fantastic sense of humor, I'm always laughing at his witty comments. He's smart, funny and talented. He plays the guitar by sound and has even made up his own songs. He does theater and performs in plays and skits at school (East Tech). He's also big into broadcast journalism at school, he loves it (check out the video below and see him in action). He swims on the Eldorado Swim team and will be taking life guard lessons in May so he can life guard this summer. He has his learner's permit and always wants to drive. Yikes! He has grown into an amazing young man and hopefully will continue to do so. He has so much potential and I know that he'll succeed in whatever path he takes in the future. I love this child so very much and I can't wait to see what he does in the next few years. Happy Birthday Dylan!

One of my favorite pics of him when he was little.


This was taken last November.


Pause my music so you can hear this.
(It starts out black just hit play, it's about 5 min.)

5 comments:

Jill said...

Lol. Loved that video. Cute.

I forgot about Dylan yesterday. It was Chucky and Greg Yates too!

Emily said...

It was a busy birthday day yesterday! :) Happy 16th Dylan!

Anonymous said...

He's a little hottie. And hey, that was going to be my surprise visit to you. I'm giving two free copies one was going to be to you. Without your friendship the book would have never came about. You helped me through a very difficult time and I will always love you for that. When I get my shipment I'll drop it by, BUT you still have to come to my party and visit or buy one for a friend. :)

Keri Miller said...

I just love that kid! He is hilarious, and oh so very cute.

wonderkitten said...

Just pass by.He look gorgeous. ha