Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hope

I've been thinking about hope lately. What it means, how it compares to faith, how it ties in with faith, the importance of that feeling and so on. You listen to the news and it seems so discouraging on a daily basis. People losing their homes, their jobs, their confidence, their self worth. It makes me really appreciate so many other things: family, friends, love, kindness, compassion, a good sale, saving at the grocery store, my children's health, my health, a feel good movie, that my kids say "thankyou" "I'm sorry" and "I love you" all on their own, my neighbors who wave to us all the time and so, so, so many more things. These things give me hope. Hope that jobs will be secure, the housing market will go up, that the economy will improve sooner rather than later, that our world will be in good shape for our kids and grandkids to grow up in and hope that we as people can be a little nicer to each other. I thought of a scripture that I really have always liked and I actually was able to find it.

2 Nephi 31:20
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Anyhoo, just some of what I've been thinking about lately. :)

1 comment:

Keri Miller said...

Just beautiful. Maybe I should try thinking some time!