Friday, April 24, 2009

A Week in the Life...

A busy week. Ran kids to all the usual spots (seminary, school, work, swim, mutual for laser tag) and picked them up. Being an advocate for my child I battled with a teacher via email and spoke to the school. Finished up prerequisites for scout expo (which is tomorrow). Exercised, tried to eat right (although I had a couple of sonic syrup slushes), cooked, cleaned, did laundry, got pulled over by the police for...are you ready?...speeding in a school zone, double parking and I didn't have my driver's license on top of it, all in one shot. I got off with just a warning. Yay!! It must have been my flustered appearance from that day and my apologizing profusely that got him. A training meeting, visiting teaching and lots of phone calls for appointment making (dentist, doctor and eye exam). I haven't seen my husband much at all this week due to busy schedules and he working late once or twice this week. There have been highlights though. One on one conversations with each of my children on different days and Wednesday night while Devynne was at work and the boys were playing laser tag, Steve and I went out for ice cream. I love those little moments and easy conversation. I'm so grateful for my family and my little challenges, they remind me that I need to learn and grow everyday (the challenges and my family). And I like that sometimes I need to look for the highlights in a day or week when things seem crazy. Cleaning the church, yard work and a swim meet tomorrow. I seriously can't wait. :)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I got pulled over a few months ago for the same thing...speeding in a school zone. The cop that pulled me over was a jerk so I wasn't about to apologize so I got a big fat huge ticket.